6522 - Antique Vintage Oak Library Bureau Bookcase / Desk / Glass Display Cabinet
This delightful, multi-functional piece features;
- English oak timber construction
- circa 1920’s
- exquisite wood grain figuring
- double glass display doors
- slope-top, drop-front writing desk
- inset leather, gold embossed writing top
- automatic slide-out desk supports w matching knobs
- single internal dovetail-joined drawer
- multiple pigeon holes
- 3 dovetail-joined drawers
- complete & matching brass inset ring handles
- 2 locks, 1 key
- 2 height adjustable shelves (removable)
- box stretcher base
- turned legs
Condition overview; in good condition, relative to its age, it is a very solid, beautifully crafted piece. There are no cracks or chips in the glass. The doors, drop-front, slide-out supports and locks all work well. As expected on a used piece of this vintage, it displays general wear, knock and surface marks but nothing major to note.
Dimensions; 835mm wide x 430mm deep (when desk open; 705mm deep) x 1920mm high. Desk when down; 775mm high, workspace depth to front of pigeon holes; 430mm deep. Top display internal depth; 210mm deep.
Please review the photos and the condition overview as they form part of the description. There may be variances in colour, as it can be difficult to capture exact colour at times. Also, it is impossible to mention / photograph every mark, therefore apart from general wear and tear marks, we endeavour to report and capture as many specific marks or damage, however we may inadvertently miss something. With this in mind; we encourage and highly recommend viewing of items.