6389 - Antique Georgian Chest of Drawers – Satinwood Inlay / Inlaid – Splayed Bracket Legs
This stunning example of late Georgian furniture design and features;
- solid mahogany timber & satinwood timber inlay construction
- circa 1800
- exquisite satinwood inlay to drawers, top edges & top & bottom of the sides
- hand crafted
- beautiful wood grain figuring
- 5 hand-cut dovetail-joined drawers
- complete & matching stamped brass back plate handles
- complete & matching ornate escutcheons
- complete locks (no key)
- splayed bracket feet
Condition overview; in good condition, relative to its age, it is a solid, beautifully crafted piece and all the drawers work well. As to be expected on a used piece of this vintage, it displays general wear, knock and surface marks. There is slight damage to the front left-hand side leg but otherwise it is in lovely condition.
Dimensions; 1085mm wide x 520mm deep x 1050mm high.
Please review the photos and the condition overview as they form part of the description. There may be variances in colour, as it can be difficult to capture exact colour at times. Also, it is impossible to mention / photograph every mark, therefore apart from general wear and tear marks, we endeavour to report and capture as many specific marks or damage, however we may inadvertently miss something. With this in mind; we encourage and highly recommend viewing of items.