6342 - Antique Vintage Carved Cedar Sideboard / Buffet – 3 Drawers 3 Doors
This fabulous, hand-crafted rustic Edwardian piece features;
- solid Cedar timber construction
- circa 1910
- exquisite wood grain figuring (the darker part of the top is not a mark, it is part of the wood grain)
- superb use of carved reeding to the doors, drawer fronts & front-facing surfaces
- 3 hand-cut dovetail joined breakfront drawers
- complete & matching brass bail handles
- panelled cabinet doors
- 3 locks, 1 key
- internal drawer with 12 compartments (wine bottles are a little too tall to use it as a bottle drawer)
- 3 fixed height level timber shelves
- each cabinet is separate & enclosed (two internal dividing walls)
- plinth base
Condition overview; in fair to good condition, relative to its age, all of the drawers, doors and locks work well. As expected on a well-used piece of this vintage, it displays numerous general wear, knock and surface marks. In addition, there is age-related separation to the timber on both sides, however this does not affect its structural integrity at all. There are four plugged holes on the top where another section must have sat in the past.
Dimensions; 1515mm wide x 535mm deep x 990mm high. Internal shelf height clearances from top to bottom (left-hand side & centre cabinets); 350mm, 305mm, right-hand side cabinet; 310mm, 345mm. Internal depth; 430mm deep.
Please review the photos and the condition overview as they form part of the description. There may be variances in colour, as it can be difficult to capture exact colour at times. Also, it is impossible to mention / photograph every mark, therefore apart from general wear and tear marks, we endeavour to report and capture as many specific marks or damage, however we may inadvertently miss something. With this in mind; we encourage and highly recommend viewing of items.