6435 - Antique Vintage Carved Library Bookcase / Glass Display Cabinet - Edwardian / Arts & Crafts
A superb Edwardian / Arts & Crafts library bookcase, it features;
- solid mahogany timber construction
- circa 1910
- glass display doors featuring original hand-made glass
- 2 hand-cut dovetail-joined drawers
- complete & matching brass bail handles
- 2 door cabinet with carved features
- 4 locks, 1 key (the key locks the doors, not the drawers)
- 3 adjustable height level timber shelves (removable)
- plinth base
- in 2 sections for easy transporting
Condition overview; in good condition, relative to its age, it is a solid and sturdy piece. There are no cracks in the glass and the locks on the doors work well. As expected on a piece of this vintage, there are general wear, knock (particularly above the both drawers) and surface marks (including to the top of the base).
Dimensions; 1180mm wide x 460mm deep x 2135mm high, base only; 910mm high. Base cabinet shelf height clearances from top to bottom; both 290mm high. Internal depth top display; 275mm deep. Internal depth base cabinet; 380mm deep.
Please review the photos and the condition overview as they form part of the description. There may be variances in colour, as it can be difficult to capture exact colour at times. Also, it is impossible to mention / photograph every mark, therefore apart from general wear and tear marks, we endeavour to report and capture as many specific marks or damage, however we may inadvertently miss something. With this in mind; we encourage and highly recommend viewing of items.